Thursday, April 2, 2015

Blue April 2, 2015


Editor:
 Yes, we are lighting up blue today. I am not a personal fan Autism Speaks. I think before anyone tries to "cure" Autism, they need to understand it. As for my political views on the organization...well, maybe I'll talk about that another time. Anyway...

We are celebrating BLUE today for many reasons. Mostly because I just wish there was a bit more tolerance in the world.  Not just for autism, but for all people who are different. For Will, I'd like him to be able to be in public without feeling awkward and out of place. (There is a reason many Aspie's feel they are aliens.) I'd like him to have a friend outside the family. Maybe that's the biggest thing for him. It's a difficult thing. Sometimes it's hard for us to keep a conversation with him. He gets painfully focused on the minutia. It's hard to focus and keep an interest.....But, I'll let him explain again. Let's see if anything has changed in a year.....

Posted last year: http://wcbenz.blogspot.com/2014/02/what-its-like-february-11-2014.html?m=1

William:
My editor got a little teary eyed there. Ok, so let's get to the writing...

Well, only one thing has changed this year. I can read a book in just a week! I read the Harry Potter series in about a month. I read the Percy Jackson series in about 2 weeks. Reading makes me feel smart. Some of the character's are really funny. They amuse me a lot. I get to learn stuff out of books. For an example, I'm learning from Percy Jackson, Greek Mythology. I like Greek Mythology. One of my favorite gods is Poseidon.

One thing that hasn't changed, I still believe in Aliens.

I don't really mind not having any friends.

Math is a little easier this year. I don't really know why it's easier but, it is! It's cool. Maybe it because I get to learn at my own pace. Sometimes I want to work on it and sometimes I don't.

The world doesn't bother me as much because I'm not in it.

It's still a struggle for me because one side of my brain doesn't like to cooperate. Like at fencing and ballet. That's the right side of my brain. But the left side cooperates. It's hard to focus, but I don't know why. That's the hard part. I like fencing and ballet, but it's just real hard to focus. I think Coach and Marie get frustrated, but they don't really show it, or I just can't tell.

Asperger's, sometimes I forget I have it. But, I still keep it in a little storage cell in my brain, Maybe it doesn't bother me as much because I'm home schooled. I don't have to worry about what people think or how they react. I can just be ME at home. Well, sometimes. My teacher makes me focus on my work.

I like home schooling. It makes me feel good. I get to learn what I want to learn. And, nobody bother's me. Except for my Mom and Dad and dog, and fish....

And thanks Meg for the lights. Maybe I can get a picture later when it gets dark!

Well, that's all for now!

Stay tuned til next time!

BYE!!!!!




1 comment:

  1. William, you have written another thought provoking article. Let's celebrate YOU! I hope you are keeping copies of all of your writing for a journal.
    Love, Aunt K.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They will appear after they have been reviewed!