Wednesday, January 29, 2014

January 29, 2014 - Again?????

It's kinda hard to think of what to write first. But, yesterday was Grandpa's birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!!!!

Last night I went to fencing! I did well. Coach and I did electric fencing. Please refer post to last Wednesday's post to see what electric fencing is. I won against my coach! I think it was a fair and square fight because in electric fencing, you can't let anyone just win. 

Today we started something new. I went to chess class! I'm going back. It was infinity fun! My teacher is from Yugoslavia. He as a chess champion just like Bobby Fischer. He is a Grand Master. He hold many titles. Master Vucic taught me how to protect my king. That's the only time you are allowed to move 2 pieces. I played 2 games against 2 different people. And I held my own!
#1 Me playing chess


And guess what? All the kids there are homeschooled! That made me feel like I fit in. I liked it.

We also had ballet tonite. I got to see my teacher, Marie! YAY! She's a good teacher. She's very nice. And I got to see Abby and her Mom. Abby used to be in my class. But, she practiced really hard and took private lessons. Now she is in Ballet 2. I miss her in my class. 
#2 Me doing a stretch at Lilly's barre




Our ride home from ballet took 2 hours! (eye-roller) IT WAS BECAUSE OF SNOW! The traffic was horrible. But, I had my LeNovo tablet to keep me company. I would have driven Mom crazy if I didn't. We could go pick up Bradley, though. I miss him.

Stay tuned 'til tomorrow!

TO BE CONTINUED.....




6 comments:

  1. Wow, chess, very cool game. Takes lots of concentration and strategy. You can probably find a chess game for your "LeNovo" so you can practice against the computer for when you play people in your class. Good luck and keep up the good work William !! Uncle Ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Uncle Ken! I know, it does take a lot of concentration. And I do have a app for chess. I beat the computer once - I hope I do it again.

      p.s. the N in Lenovo isn't capitalized. :)

      Delete
  2. William, sounds like you had a great day except for the ride home ffrom ballet. Uncle Fran plays chess too maybe next time we come for a visit the two of you can have a game together. You have a great day. Hugs to all.....♥ Aunt Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Aunt Donna! I love chess, too! Maybe I can beat Uncle Fran!

      Delete
  3. William, Thank you for sharing your blogspot with me. It was fun to read how much you are learning. Keep up the good work. Mrs. Florczyk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs. Florczyk! I'm glad you read my blog! I try to write in it everyday. I sort of miss school. I miss Gym, Library, art and music. But, homeschooling is great! And Mom takes me to the library in the village.

      P.s. I hope you keep reading my blogs!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. They will appear after they have been reviewed!