Wednesday, February 12, 2014

February 12, 2014 ABCDEFG...

I recited the alphabet. Why is it called an alphabet? We're going to go look it up....here it is!

http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/alphabet.html

The word ALPHABET comes from the the first 2 letters from the Greek alphabet!

Me in my coat with my robe on. I wanted to be extra warm this morning because we had to drop off Lilly to school.
Last night, fencing was fun! I won a bout against my coach. I won fair and square! Because in electric fencing, he doesn't let me win. 

Today I started area. I like it better than math sentences. I worked on figuring out the area of squares. It was pretty ok.

We went to chess today! Both games were a draw. My opponent took my queen even though he was in check mate. You know why it was a draw? Because we both only had our kings left and we couldn't capture each other. It happened in both games! He was a good chess player.  

Hey, guess what? My chess teacher has a soccer/chess camp during the summer! That's cool! Mom's going to find out more about it. 

After chess we went to a store called Orchard Fresh. It has everything! It has pizza! It has salads! It has speciality cheeses! IT HAD AN ICE CREAM (gelato - Orchard Parkians don't eat ice cream - editor's note) BAR!!! It was AWESOME!!! You should go there. It even has a little place to buy different chocolate. I'll go back sometime. 

Then, we went to ballet. Ballet is fun 'cuz we get to do fun moves. I plan on staying in ballet for awhile. Here's a video of me from just now. Enjoy watching!


That's all for now. I want my snack. 

Stay tuned 'til tomorrow!

TO BE CONTINUED....
To infinity(which means something that never ends) and beyond!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Great job with the fencing, William!! I hope you can get into soccer/chess camp this summer! That would be so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Love, Punkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning William and LIlly...I read your post last night when I was in bed and I couldn't see your video portion of the program but I got to see it this morning....very cool. I again enjoyed the update on the educational part of your life. William you sound very relaxed and happy. How is the rest of the family doing? I have to get ready for work now.....we didn't get any snow last night that means I don't have to shovel this morning and clean my car off before I pull out of the drive way. You enjoy your day and look forward to tonight when you post your daily activities. love and hugs.....Aunt Donna ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aunt Donna - glad you didn't have to shovel! I'm sorta relaxed and happy. I'd be more happy if I could just sit and watch my favorite shows.

      Delete
  3. Dear William We are glad and proud that you won in fencing and chess. We are glad that you like ballet it's good exercise. Gelato is Italian ice cream that's why it's so good. We liked your video you are getting real good at. Love you and Lilly Grandma and Grandpa HAPPY VALENTINE;S DAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Grandma and Grandpa! Ok, Maybe Mom will buy some gelato for me to try. Thank you for the card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo William! How many times can you do that before you are exhausted? I got tired watching. I'm glad you found something interesting in math. Math can be mysterious and magical and a lot of fun (really!). Give this multiplication trick a try -
    Do Your 9 Times Table On Your Fingers!

    If your son or daughter is frustrated with the nine times table, teach them this simple trick. They'll never forget the nine times table again!

    The picture here shows how you multiply 9 by 3. Here's the steps.
    • Hold out both hands, with all 10 fingers extended
    • We want nine times three - so count off the third finger and lower it.
    • Now your raised fingers are in two groups - a group of 2, and a group of 7.
    • Join these digits together, and you get 27, which is nine times three!
    Try it yourself now! Work out 9 times 4 using this method, and see that you get 36!
    This works for the whole nine times table from nine times 1 up to nine times nine.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They will appear after they have been reviewed!