Wednesday, February 19, 2014

February 19, 2014 WAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Once upon a time, in a far away galaxy, there was war...

Today at science camp I, William Benz - William Carl Benz, in fact - did a painting with mixed acids and bases, went outside for war, ate lunch, (I'm not going to talk about lunch) and put iron paint and copper paint on slabs.

Those two things are like when I put iron paint and copper paint on the slabs, guess what?? Guess what happens?!? It looked like the black was on the copper and the copper was on the black . Kinda looks like this, but a little different, but still close. I have not idea why I did this.


Painting with acids and bases was pretty cool. There was a chemical background on our paper, I don't remember what it was. When our background dried, we used 2 acids and 3 bases. The acids made a yellow color and the bases turned a dark color. One acid and base was 1 ph and 14 ph, the most powerful acid and base ph. These are highly reactive - big KABOOM if you add them together. An acid at a ph 1 is hydrochloric acid - VERY dangerous. It could probably eat the tissue of your eye! OUCH!!! A base of 14 is lye. This can hurt you too! But baking soda can't and it's a base. It just depends on the ph.

We went outside for war. And this is where the first line of the blog comes in. I gave my teacher Miss Susie Jedi training. The enemy was ranking up. There were spies of the rebels everywhere. And scouts of the enemy everywhere. We all had to retreat. I went to plan B and surrendered, got thrown in jail, broke out. Plan B backfired. I have a secret plan and a trick up my sleeve for those guys the next time.  I threw snowballs at the enemy. And Ryan and Miss Susie wouldn't stop fighting the enemy. She was a good Jedi, a good Padawan too.


Stay tuned 'til tomorrow.

TO BE CONTINUED.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjMNNpIksaI
(star wars theme...)





2 comments:

  1. wow.....Quite the day Master William. ♥ Aunt Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aunt D - HOw are you? I'm fine. See ya later! XOXO William

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. They will appear after they have been reviewed!