Monday, February 17, 2014

February 17, 2014

Today at science camp, I did tie-dye. I made clay pots.

 I had fun watching fire! The fire was different colors. Some of the flames were really cool! The colors were blue, orange, green-blue, purple-blue. The counselor made these by using different compound such as sodium chloride and copper chloride. The the counselor mixed all the chemicals together to make a VERY cool flame! The color was all the colors above colliding.

The tie-dye had chemicals in it. We used long eye droppers to drop all the liquid into the cloth. I observed that I had a soupy brown liquid at the bottom of mine. I have no idea what the chemicals were in there.

The clay pots - I don't know what they were made of. I have no idea why we made them either. I'll let you know when I find out.

There were 13 kids, 2 counselors and one me! (I'm one of the 13 kids) All the kids had different personalities. And some wouldn't stop yelling USA, USA, USA!. That bugged me.


Saturday we saw my good friend Punkin the Clown! We saw her at Hunter's Day of Hope. It's a place where the parents of a kid that died at age 7 raise money to fight the disease he died from. Punkin was making balloons! She had a LONG line! Momma got over excited when we finally saw her. (EYE_ROLL) They had games and free food and bounce houses and all the fun stuff. I caused a traffic jam on one of the bounce houses. OOPS. I got stuck trying to get over a wall. We had to get out on the other side. But, is was ok.

Here are some pictures:
Punkin making balloons

This is us! I'm the one on Punkin's left


This is Jim and Jill Kelly (Hunter's dad and mom) and all the kids on stage


Oh, by the way, Jim Kelly was a football player. And Hunter's Hope was at Buffalo Bills field house. IT WAS TALL AND BIG! (feint) 


That's all for now. Stay tuned 'til tomorrow!

TO BE CONTINUED...


2 comments:

  1. You had a very nice day yesterday and today...very good. That Punkin the Clown person went to high school with me....and we graduated the same year...how about that?? We are also very, very good friends. I love her to pieces. You have a great night and have a good day tomorrow too.Love and hugs to all. Aunt Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. William......I was so happy to see you and Lilly and Momma and Daddy on Saturday!!!!!!! I was excited to see you!! I hope you had fun. Yep....your Aunt Donna and I have been friends for a long time. We used to have fun in high school. She is one of my bestest friends ever!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love her, too! The tie dye thing sounds pretty cool. By the way, I was watching a show about wilderness animals last night and they mentioned scat. I knew what that was because I read your blog from when you went out to find animals! See? I'm learning WITH you!!! Love, Punkin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They will appear after they have been reviewed!