Tuesday, February 18, 2014

February 18, 2014 It's Daddy's Birthday!!!!

Happy Birthday, Daddy!!! I hope you had a nice day!

I went to the museum again! Today we learned about suminagashi. It's a type of Japanese painting using ink and soap. (ink and soap, ink and soap, paper) It was fun. Mine looked pretty. I think I'll be able to bring it home. I'll take a picture of it if I do. Here is an example:



We also did  chromatography. This is where you put line at the bottom of a paper, put it in water and watch the color go up the paper. You make the line with a marker. It showed me the different chemicals that are in marker. Mine showed bluish-greenish. This was fun too!

We got to go to the In Motion studio at the museum. It's a place where you have to go down the hall, go through the nano section, go straight, go through another hall, turn right, turn right again and you're there! You can put balls in tubes and they'll float. There is air shooting up the tubes and the balls float. You can build your own car and race it. You can make a crash dummy video. I did the ball thing and other things too.

I went to our place in space. It has not changed at all. We did everything in that room. Apparently, it's the only room on the 4th floor.

We learned about polar molecules. A polar molecule is a molecule with an unequal number of electrons.

Fencing was fun. Coach won both bouts. Both bouts were 4 to 4. Coach used his skills to beat me.


I'm tired now. I'm going to bed. Tomorrow we get to go outside.

That's all for now! Stay tuned 'til tomorrow.

TO BE CONTINUED...

3 comments:

  1. Today sounds way more interesting than yesterday
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your dad !! Sounds like you had lots of fun at the museum and you are learning a ton. Keep up the good work !! Uncle Ken

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like you are learning a lot of fun stuff. Too bad it is only for a week. It's back to school stuff next week. We hope you are going outside and enjoying the warm weather. We heard Lily sing. She is very good....Love Grandpa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They will appear after they have been reviewed!