Thursday, February 20, 2014

February 20, 2014 Snowball fight!!!!


Once upon a time, in a far away galaxy, there was war...again. 

Today we worked on our oxidation artwork. We used the slabs from yesterday with the copper and iron paint on them. We used iron pellets (I don't remember the name). We put liquid onto our slab and then put the pellets on the liquid. Voila! It was like magic! RUST!!! It only worked on the copper on mine for some reason. The copper turned green! It's called patina. 

Today we made Persia ink! We used iron chloride and 1 ml of water  and we used potassium and 2 ml of water. Then we mixed the 2 together in a separate bucket. And we made blue Persian ink . We painted with it. I made FlamedramonHalsemon, Digmon.(These are characters from Digimon) 

My clay pot is still in the kiln. What's a kiln? A kiln is a type of oven that can heat pottery up to like 2000 fahrenheit

We went back outside today! Well, the enemy won again! They destroyed most of my fort! Those kids are so annoying! 

I love my big sister Meggie! Today we watched Doctor Who. See ya, Matt Smith - Hello, New Doctor! I'm gonna miss the 11th - or was he the 12th......
Sock Fight!!!


Today was fun. Like any other day. 

I'm gonna go eat my snack now.

Stay tuned 'til tomorrow!

TO BE CONTINUED...


















3 comments:

  1. I really needed to hang out with my bugs today. I'm glad you're learning stuff in camp, and that you for cuddling and reading to me
    Love,
    Meggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow William.......you had a busy day!!!!!! I like the idea of the persia ink. That sounds really cool!!! Keep up the good work! Love, Punkin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear William We wish you could go to science camp more often it seems to be very interesting. We enjoyed hearing about all the things you have done. Science is amazing and fun. How did your clay pot turn out? Tell Lilly we love her new hair cut she looks beautiful. Love you both Grandma Grandpa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They will appear after they have been reviewed!