Friday, February 14, 2014

February 14, 2014 - Turtle, Turtle


Happy Valentine's Day! I got a cactus for my desk and 2 small boxes of candy. I'm still a boy even though I got candy.

I did nothing much today.

We did an experiment. We used aspirin and placed in water in a glass jar. We covered it and put it in a dark place. We are going to observe it everyday and write down our observations. It's supposed to turn into crystals. We'll let you know our observations.

Today we joined the Great Backyard Bird Count. We didn't put in our observations yet because we didn't get many birds. Mom said they'll come at dusk.

Look at this link. It's a map of how many people are doing the bird count. So far there are there are 12, 145 people from across the world. The most people are in the U.S.A. I'm hoping to see a hawk.

http://ebird.org/ebird/gbbc/livesubs?siteLanguage=en

We were going to make a thermometer but Mom forgot to buy alcohol. We'll need to do it next week.

OH! I'm going to science camp next week! It's at the Buffalo Museum of Science. It's about the art of chemistry. I do not know what I'm going to do.

We watched a movie about loggerhead turtles. We watched it because I want to save the baby turtles to raise their population. I want to invent an invisible electric fence that will only shock the predator's of baby turtles but not the babies. I have to do a LOT of research. I feel so strongly about this because only 1 in a 1000 survive the first few minutes of their lives.

That's pretty much all I have on my mind right now.

Stay tuned 'til Monday!

TO BE CONTINUED...

8 comments:

  1. I hope you stick with wanting to save the turtles! That would be pretty cool. Love you! Happy Valentine's Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too! Baby turtles are cute! I really want to raise their population.

      Delete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day to all.....Aunt Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I too turtley for the turtle club?

    ...dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yer funny, Dad...(a side to Momma - I love that guy...)
      ((The Master of Disguise theme song))

      Delete
  4. Dear William Hope you are enjoying science camp I bet it is very interesting. I seen a robin the other day he looked lost in all this snow. It's your Dad's birthday did you remember I did. Is Lilly enjoying her time off from school? Love you and Lilly Grandma and Grand pa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grandma and Grandpa - I'm going to write about chemistry camp now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They will appear after they have been reviewed!